Fighting for Subbies Rights
Here is an article featuring the Master Builders CEO.
Please read this article, it clearly demonstrates why subcontractors should let the over priced, under performed MBA memberships lapse and join SubbiesUnited and Subcontractors Alliance.
They have done nothing for subbies, they are there for builders.
IT'S not just subbies that deserve to be paid.
And, as a membership association that represents more than 8000 members of the building industry, almost 50 per cent of whom are subbies, Master Builders are intent on holding the Government to account and ensuring their tough new building laws deliver on their promises and don't inadvertently make the situation worse.
Security of payment is an issue in our industry which has been around since the dawn of time. This doesn't make it any less serious, but it does signify that it's a tough nut to crack, and many governments have tried to get it right.
The other factor that remains the same is that it's not just an issue for subbies - issues of payment on time run right through the construction supply chain and no one is immune.
It's not just subbies who have had times when they've not been paid or getting paid has been difficult.
The broader issue is timely payment from owners, right down the supply chain to suppliers.
And unfortunately, focusing on one small part of the supply chain might suit politicians, but this approach hurts the very people it is designed to help, and it won't fix the root cause of late payments and ultimate business failures.
Over the years, governments of every persuasion have introduced measures to fix the problem. Although, these have clearly not worked, as we sit here today still debating the age-old problem.
Shit happens. Builders go broke every week of the year. Our main issue is with those specific cases where the builder has entered into a scheme to defraud subcontractors.
- In particular we are talking about 2 specific cases where fraud has occurred.
- One where a bank that featured heavily in the Banking Royal Commission has actively incited fraud and gained the benefit at the expense of unsecured creditors.
- The other where a government department has taken part in the fraud for its own benefit.
ARE MBA SAYING THEY SUPPORT CRIMINAL ACTIVITY?
- 'They have devastated this town': Stirling subbies speak out
- Warning sign that nearly cost subbie his business
- 'We'll never see that money': Frustration at failed firms
- Premier knew $50m J.M. Kelly collapse loomed
- How government kept rogue builder afloat
- Police and ASIC had eyes on failed builder
- 50 builder collapses, subbies owed $500m
- Couple devastated as builder goes bust