QCAT is the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
QCAT decides disputes related to building activities including:
- domestic and commercial building work
- disciplinary proceedings against building certifiers and contractors.
QCAT also reviews decisions made by:
- the Building Services Authority (BSA) related to disciplinary proceedings and licencing and permits
- the BSA related to rectification of work, insurance claims, exclusions and bans for domestic building work
- an adjudication registrar.
If wish to make a complaint against a builder please contact the BSA.
QCAT is separate to the Building and Development Committees which review decisions made by the local council or private building certifiers. These decisions are not reviewable by QCAT.