Subbies United is an EARLY WARNING PLATFORM VIA A FORUM AND OTHER RESOURCES where subcontractors can outline their concerns and experiences against predatory or unscrupulous builders and developers before they take you for the lot.
It also offers resources and what to do if you are taken by these sharks and as we all know, there are plenty of them in the building industry.
- Subcontractors are the first line of defence by providing each other with up to date information on the builders they are working for.
- No need to rely on your local authority for a warning that without exception, always comes too late.
- Subbies can now rely on each other for the valuable information that is not available in a timely manner elsewhere.
- Subbies know when a builder is on the ropes a long time before any regulating authorities like the QBCC.
- Our forum gives it's members the opportunity to start a thread on a particular project, builder or developer and report on the progress of the job.
- They can report on the timeliness of payment and how the job is progressing from their perspective.
- Our forum is an early warning to any subbies thinking of signing a contract with a builder before putting pen to paper.
- No need to lay in bed at night wondering if you are going to get paid.
- If there are rumblings on site, there is usually a reason for it, subbies listen and report it here.
- Our forum is factual and the veracity of threads are checked so you can believe what you read.
- Subbies is not here to besmirch the name of good builders or developers, it is here to protect subbies from predatory builders and those operating on a wing and a prayer.
We have a membership of $100 per year, if you don't find it useful, don't rejoin.
That very small investment could save your marriage, your house and your peace of mind.
Legal Action From a Predatory Builder
Once you have received notification that a predatory builder is taking legal action against you, it is the doubt and the unknown that is hard to deal with but I know from personal experience that there is light at the end of the tunnel, if you carefully mount a case or defence, correctly and within the guidelines, do your homework on the predator and tell the truth, in most cases justice will prevail.
Enough is enough, by becoming a member of Subbies United you will have access to a huge bank of information including:
- Builders and or developers you might be considering working for,
- Access to information about litigation entered into against subcontractors that will help you decide if they can be trusted to pay you at the completion of the job,
- Testimonials from happy subbies,
- Testimonials from unhappy subbies,
- Testimonials will be backed up with supporting evidence so that you know that what you read here has been verified at the time of writing,
- List of great payers,
- List of late payers,
- Results of cases,
- Resurrected bankrupts starting again with new companies,
- Contractual obligations of the builders you work for,
- Payment obligations under those contracts,
- Comprehensive examples of a classic defence,
- How to mount it and keep it up to date,
- A discussion forum where posts are verified.
All this information and much more is on the public record but our job is to put it together for you in a form that is easily understood and to help mount a valid step by step claim or defence to recoup or keep what is rightfully yours. It is also a resource to make it easier for you to make an informed decision on who you work for.
f you see a builder that has been down this path numerous times, you have to ask yourself, is he just unlucky choosing the wrong subbies time after time or is he a predator?
Then the most valid question might be “do I want to work for this builder?”