29-03-2022 - 11.15am
Who runs the Qld building Industry Mick? Clearly not you so it must be the MBAQ.
Why do you so willingly do their bidding Mick?
Phases 3 and 4 of the Trust Account Framework has been delayed.
- Phase 3, for contracts valued at $3M or more will now apply from 1 April 2023, not 1 July 2022.
- Phase 4 applicable to contracts valued at $1M or more will now apply from 1 October 2023, not 1 January 2023 as previously.
WHAT SUBBIES SEE MICK:
- They don't have what they were promised before you were elected and what they have been patiently waiting for:
- They see builders getting preferential treatment over the vast majority of the industry.
WHAT SUBBIES DON’T LIKE MICK:
- Being constantly told you have their back and that they would be paid on time every time.
- When does that start Mick in light of the recent liquidations?
- Around 3,000 subbies have been burnt since you said that Mick with many more to come.
- Subbies see through bullshit fast, they don't like it Mick.
WHAT SUBBIES KNOW MICK:
- That the process to bring in Project Trusts started in 2015, 7 years ago Mick.
- The reasons given for these delays is complete and utter bullshit Mick. You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time Mick (although Labor has tried hard to do that).
- There is no supporting evidence given to support the delays.
- That subbies supported you through 2 election campaigns while the MBA were bagging the shit out of you all over Queensland with advertising campaigns including Highway billboards.
- That you reward the MBAQ with more delays at the expense of those who supported you.
WHAT YOU KNOW MICK:
- That this decision has placed every subcontractor in Qld in even more financial harms way over the next 19 months.
- Builders in these categories where trusts are delayed are the worst offenders and the very reason trust accounts were legislated.
- If they ever had any, subbies have now lost all respect for you and your Government Mick. Thats another body of people your puppeteering has lost.
THERE ARE A LOT MORE SUBCONTRACTORS WHO VOTE THAN BUILDERS MICK. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND OLD BEAN.
Subbies add a level of protection to your business and join SubbiesUnited and make use of our private members forum for up to date information but a warning, do not join if you are NOT a subcontractor, we will weed you out before you get a foot in the door. If you're not a subbie or a trusted supplier, you are not welcome.